Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Crazy Things I Do (& Wear) When I'm Rushed & Fab Friday Linkup



The morning began like so many others. I was in a hurry. Only this morning I had less time than usual. I jumped into the shower, with a mere 5 minutes to wash up and 10 minutes to get dressed, do my hair and makeup. Miracle, right? Pretty much.

With no time to deliberate on the outfit, I grabbed the linen tank and white denim that I wore the day before and changed up the accessories. 
  • Cognac wedges for army green ones.
  • Suede saddle bag for backpack purse.
  • Bronze jewelry for the silver jewelry.
  • A headband to keep my crazy baby hairs under control. WAIT! Seriously?? Yes, I wore that animal print, bow headband all day and I wore it proud. LOL!


Now I needed a vest...hmmm. I didn't have an army green vest...


However, I did have this jacket, which was passed down to me last year by a friend, purging her closet. In addition, I own 2 other army green jackets: one utility and one similar to this one. With only 5 minutes left on my timer, I made a quick decision to cut the sleeves off and fashion my own "vest". No harm no foul. Honestly, I've contemplated this for awhile. I guess it took the pressure of a timer to make go for it. 


At one minute left on the timer, I'm fully dressed, my hair is pulled back and outfitted with a bow, my green blazer is now a vest but I've no make up on. One minute.  I settled for mascara and lip gloss. What can you do? There was no point in applying later either. Sometimes you just have to be comfortable in the skin you're in - flaws and all!


Outfit Breakdown:
Army Green "Vest" (Similar)/Linen Tank: GAP Clearance (Pink, Black)/White Denim: Entourage (similar)/Wedges: (Cute Option)/Purse: Nordstrom Rack (What's there now)/Jewelry: Online Catalog/BOW(Who knows???)
Linking up with Passion For Fashion

****Cupcake Adventures****
Click here if you wish to be caught up on the cupcake skinny...

And the Splat Cupcakes??...Two Oreo Cookie flavors went to these cuties! They patiently waited for a small crew of us to finish organizing the twin's room. Have I mentioned that I am undeservedly blessed in life with some talented friends?? I'll post pictures of the room as soon as we get the finishing touches completed. Here's a sneak peak though...


**** LINK UP ****

I am so excited to be linking up with Jennie and the Fabulous Friday! Her fun and classy style makes me look forward to each post. Keep it up Jennie!



Hey y'all, I'm Jennie and I am a 47 year old frugal fashionista! I am mom to two wonderful (and handsome!) sons and one very spoiled Pomeranian. After spending most of my life in black and boring clothes, I now enjoy trying new trends, am a confessed shoeaholic, believe life is too short for boring hair, and never met a polka dot I didn't like. I am also an avid photographer, reader of Jane Austen, Paleo/Primal enthusiast, and lover of DIY.  You can follow me here:

SaveSave

I loved the fun color of the top and earrings, paired with the neutral white in the jeans; beiges in the purse and shoes. The mules with the bow on top. Please! So cute.

Cheryl Tucker



SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Love it! Great outfit pulled together quickly and with tremendous ingenuity! Glad I found you through the Pocketful of Polka Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I love the idea of cutting off the sleeves of this jacket! You look adorable!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute look! Love the olive green vest! It looks fabulous with all the white! Thanks for co-hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look smazing in this olive vest. Great idea to cut the sleeves.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina and thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Chrissy, thank you so much for joining me as co-host this week! We will have to do it again sometime. :)

    This look is so cute! I cannot believe you pulled this together in such a short amount of time. Way to work your wardrobe by transforming that jacket into a vest. You are seriously reminding me I need to wear my olive vest this summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennie, thank you for sharing the opportunity with me! I loved it. What a great way to "meet" the other ladies. :)

      And thank you! Seriously though...I need hair help! lol.

      Delete
  6. So clever to fashion your own vest! Thanks for linking up with Thursday Moda.

    ReplyDelete

© Granola and Grace
Blogger Templates made by pipdig